March 31, 2010

NEW READ- KAFFIR BOY


I try to read a book whenever I can, but I don't really care to purchase them so I just grab whatever's in my student's library. This time around I picked up Kaffir Boy and couldn't believe that it was in an 8th grade library. My coworker also informed me that she read it in her college lit class and while reading on the train the young lady next to me just couldn't help but initiate a conversation about the book. This book is so good and very disturbing at the same time. Its a true story about a youth growing up in a very apartheid South Africa. Kaffir Boy took me through every emotion on the spectrum. If you're looking for a new book please please pick this one up. If and when you do let me know what you think.

~Black Orchid~


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! Currently, I'm about to embark on the Twilight series (lol), only because every teacher (and child) at my school keeps talking about it, and I'm curious to see what all the hoopla is about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the hunt for a good book- I am obsessed with good reads (I love finding books on the street that people have thrown out!) Thanks for the reco!

    ReplyDelete

Keep your negative energy to yourself. All negative vibes will be returned to sender!!!!!!