March 26, 2010

I MEAN REALLY?

These days I just can't find time for myself. I feel like there is always something to do and at work the kids are relentless around this time of year. I have fallen into a funk that seems to affect every arena of my life even what I wear to work. My work attire yesterday was a perfect example of this. I opened my closet and reached in and pulled out a some ole t-shirt. I don't think I have ever worn a t-shirt to work before but that didn't matter. I pulled out a pair of less than flattering black trousers, a white "teacher cardigan" and a pair of comfy flats and I was out the door. As the day began and classes started so did the questions about my t-shirt. I started to wish I didn't wear the stupid thing. Here's the t-shirt, tell me who you see.


Now I got asked if it was:
Chris Brown
Run from Run DMC
Usher
My dad

Also questions like:
Who is that dude?
Is that some old rapper?
Who's that loser?
Cool shirt. but who is it?


I mean I almost died. To think that these children, our future had no clue who the man on my tee shirt was made me sick and a little angry. I was happy when the day finally ended at 9pm and I could finally take off my shirt. Before I could however, my niece (5 yrs old) came upstairs to say good night. She took one look at me and said "Aunty why is Obama wearing that hat, chain and glasses?" Her saying that totally made my day. Maybe there is hope after all.

Thank God for her and my 3 students who recognized the mystery man on my t-shirt.

~Black Orchid~

2 comments:

  1. Lawd we must pray for the youth! Smh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose House!!!!!!!!In all fairness maybe you should talk to the social studies teacher ;-I

    ReplyDelete

Keep your negative energy to yourself. All negative vibes will be returned to sender!!!!!!