March 19, 2010

GETTING READY


This past week has been great. I have been in a great mood and I slept through the nights. What's the reason for the positive change you may ask? Well I have finally gotten my butt up and started working out. The 1st day I went on my run it was terrible. Though I made it through all 3.35 miles without stopping I thought I would die in the 39 minute process. The following day I headed out to the park again and if I thought the prior day was bad I had another thing coming. My legs felt like a combination of lead and rubber. As much as I tried to move faster my legs would not cooperate. At one point I wondered if I was running at all because I was moving so slow. As tragic as it seemed day 2 was only one minute slower than the previous day and that's actually not bad considering all the lactic acid buildup that I acquired after day 1. It's funny because while I'm foaming at the mouth and drifting in and out of consciousness I vowed never to get this out of shape again, but I have made this promise time and time again only to one year later find myself in the same predicament.
All in all I am happy that I have begun the fitness process. I have finally purchased INSANITY so there is no turning back. For some reason I think this program will be different from all the others I have tried yet failed at miserably. I will continue going on my runs this week and start the program after Spring Break. (I doubt I will do any running during my trip but I will try.)

Stay tuned! This venture should be very interesting.

Enjoy your beautiful weather and weekend.

~Black Orchid~

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! Keep up the good work! 3+ miles on your first day out is crazy, but you did it.. it can only get better from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along with nice weather comes less clothing you (we) must get it together asap....

    ReplyDelete

Keep your negative energy to yourself. All negative vibes will be returned to sender!!!!!!