March 14, 2010

ANOTHER LONG WEEK

This was another long week. Parent Teachers Conferences, house hunting, field trips and getting sick all wrapped into one. I had every intention of adding a new post however that surely didn't happen. Here is my wayyyy overdue post that was suppose to go out on Wednesday.

6 MUST HAVE SHOES

Wednesday's Oprah featured 6 pieces of footwear that all women should have in their closet (it was a rerun I think. For show info click here.) I decided to see if I had all 6. When I start shopping again I have an excuse to get a few pieces because apparently I am lacking.

1. 2 inch kitten heel pump

Just like a LBD (little black dress), every woman needs a pair of effortless shoes. A 2 inch kitten heel is classy, classic and polished.

Oprah's Example:


From My Closet:


2. Comfortable Flats

This category is a must! As a teacher I have learned that my 3.5 inch heels are not my friend and I need to be more wise in my footwear as I stand pretty much all day.

Oprah's Example:


From My Closet:


3. A Show Stopper Shoe

Sometimes an event comes up unexpectedly, and having a pair of show stopping shoes in your closet means all you have to do is pull your fav LBD and throw on your show stopping shoe and BAM you have an outfit.

Oprah's Example:


From My Closet:


4. Sleek Comfy Sneakers

I must say this is one category that I know nothing about. I don't wear sneakers unless its my trainers when I am at the gym, and like Oprah said "Ladies, please keep your trainers in the gym". I definitely need a pair of sleek comfy sneakers.

Oprah's Example:


From My Closet: NONE


5. All Weather Footwear

This category speaks for itself.

Oprah's Example:


From My Closet:



6. Tall Boots

Tall boots adds style to any outfit. This category can include tall riding boots also. I really cannot think of a woman that doesn't have a pair of either shoe in her closet. I have a few so it took me forever to choose one to post.

Oprah's Example:


From My Closet:



Based on this list I would say I need 3 items. I need to update my kitten heels, snatch up a pair of sleek comfortable sneakers, and get a new show stopper heels (the ones I have are not stopping any shows).

Go through your closet and determine which category of shoes you're missing.

~Black Orchid~

P.S. Maybe one day I will do a list for our fellas.

5 comments:

  1. Boo, you KNOW you have show stopping heels, but you choose NOT to post them!!! I think the ones from last February (the LAMB ones) count as show stoppers...stop FRONTING! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo72582, I didn't post those because I don't consider them show stopping. Sexy yes but not show stopping. Let me know what you think people

    http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/primrose-heel-plmsat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo funny how timely this post is! I went shoe shopping just last week for at LEAST 3 of the 4 must haves on your list.. ended with with none of the above, but got a great pair of BCBG sandals that I probably don't need, another pair of flat boots in Cognac, and a white blazer... I have a problem... lolol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and I have only the all weather and sneakers, my closet is seriously lacking lol...I just got a lil sad......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, cute post! My closet is lacking as well. I need some all weather shoes and I need to update my flat shoes. I may not NEED a pair of showstoppers, but I'll make any excuse to get another pair :-)

    ReplyDelete

Keep your negative energy to yourself. All negative vibes will be returned to sender!!!!!!