November 25, 2011

How I Spent Thanksgiving

I really LOVE Thanksgiving, so it goes without saying that I had a good day.  I should also say I do NOT cook but I do contribute in other ways.  My day started with lots of cutting and sewing. Usually I handle dessert and drinks but this year I am on a DIY kick so I took on the dinner table decor.  I must say it turned out wonderful!  I really love this final product and  I hope you do also.  Take a look



I started out with a holiday theme in mind but as usual ended up with a more elegant look.  The best part of this ensemble is the cost.  Here it is
Flowers: $24 Wholefoods
Napkin Rings:  $0.50 created from felt and a button Michael's
Pine Cones: $2.99 Michael's
Silver Glitter Spray Paint: $6 Michael's
Blue Snowflake: $4 for 6 Michael's
Table Cloth: $3.00 Michael ( My mom had scrap material which I sewed a decorative ribbon onto for some elegance.)
Napkins: $14 for 12 at Home Goods

In total I would say the entire table was around $50.  Not bad at all

Dinner was great as always, unfortunately we didn't have any leftovers.  I guess this could be a good thing.

After dinner and a nap, I hung with friends.  After getting home after 2am I cleaned the kitchen and took myself to bed.....What a long day!!!

How did you spend you Thanksgiving?

~Black Orchid~


2 comments:

  1. Love! Love! Love! So so pretty. Everything is simple yet elegant. I think you did a fabulous job! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Keep your negative energy to yourself. All negative vibes will be returned to sender!!!!!!