February 03, 2010

143

VDAY is almost here and I figured I should post something for all the lovers..... (suckers!!!!) I can't say I celebrate the holiday (I believe you should show love everyday) but I love the idea of it. So if you're a slacker and need a few ideas here are a few. The great thing is that vday gifts can be given year round.

(Note all gifts are from etsy.com. For those of you who don't know etsy, it's a n all handmade site. So if you like something chances are it can be tweeked to you liking.)


1. Lingerie is always classic. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

'Scandal in Paris Capelet'



2. Jewelry with meaning



143 (I Love You)

Thumb prints. This is probably my fav!. The maker sends you a kit where you can place you thumbs. You then send the kit back and they merge the prints to create a heart. You can also have your names engraved on the back. How cool is that?

3. Art
I heart you. There is nothing as personal as art. This designer has captured love on a canvas.


These pieces are hand embroidered on felt and framed. You can have your theme song or anything that has special meaning to you and your lover (lol).

Sometimes you just want to give love. Since it cannot be bottled coupons are a great way to show how much you care for someone.

When I was in undergrad my roomie and I had a bootie from a diaper bag that we would hang on the door to signal that someone was in the room knocking boots. Well I don't think that we ever used these booties but I found a more grownup version that's oh so cute.





I hope you enjoyed my vday ideas. Let me know what you think of my ideas and share yours.

~Black Orchid~



3 comments:

  1. These are very cute ideas....I love the idea of Vday...If you have male readers this can help them alot...my fave is the thumb print chain....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are very sweet gifts and very thoughtful as well. Even though I am not into Vday I think they are good gifts. I think if you are doing what you're suppose to do, then Vday is not a big deal. Oh, my fave idea is the 143 chain

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! I like the 'you can ring my bell' piece. I don't participate in Vday either, but I would def be interested in getting one of these for a 'just because' day.

    ReplyDelete

Keep your negative energy to yourself. All negative vibes will be returned to sender!!!!!!